“Do I have to submit my birth certificate to apply for the VA Pension benefits?”

No — when you apply for your VA Pension (Aid & Attendance), you do not have to submit your birth certificate.  Instead you submit the required VA forms, including the statement from your doctor showing whether you meet the “housebound” or “aid and attendance” ratings which will mean an increased amount of benefits.

You also need to submit your DD214 paperwork which will show your dates of service and what type of discharge you received.

Make sure you find out exactly what you must submit so that you can submit what is known as a “fully developed claim” to speed up the process of getting your VA Pension benefits.

If you have questions about this and you (or your loved one you are calling about) live in Alabama, call us at 205-879-2447 or fill out our online contact form and we will be happy to talk with you.

Leave a Comment